We teach family caregivers how to:
- Improve a loved one’s health outcome in the hospital
- Enhance the patient’s hospital experience
- Prevent readmission
Our focus: Improving patient health outcomes
Family caregivers can influence a loved one’s hospital experience and health outcome — but only if they understand the power they have and how to use it. We invite you to join Caregiving Pathways on our mission to:
- Teach family caregivers how to improve patient outcomes in the hospital
- Decrease the cost of hospital care by reducing hospital days, ER visits, and preventable readmissions
- Enhance the patient experience
A solution so simple, there’s no disruption
Family caregivers are extra hands, eyes, and ears that currently exist in virtually every patient room. We engage this influential population to improve inpatient health outcomes and reduce the cost of care — without disrupting care delivery.
Clinicians can learn critical patient-specific details
These family members can also help care delivery teams identify patient-specific situations, such as depression, dementia, substance abuse, or hearing loss, that aren’t readily apparent but significantly affect patients’ ability to manage their condition and hospital experience.
Hear Beth Suereth share her family caregiving experience on Elizabeth Miller’s Happy Healthy Caregiver Podcast. Beth shares helpful tips on managing a hospital stay and the time between a grim diagnosis and the end of life.
Caregivers First guest appearance on SCAN TV
Beth Suereth shared her top tips on managing a hospital stay with Lynette Whitman as a guest on Caregivers First, a SCAN NJ television show, in November of 2018.
Institute for Healthcare Improvement Presentation
Beth Suereth presented Improving Health Outcomes by Educating Family Caregivers at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement Summit on Improving Patient Care in San Diego, California on April 27, 2018.
Beth Rooney Suereth
- Certified Caregiving Consultant, Facilitator and Educator
- End-of-Life Doula
- Consultant for AARP Public Policy Institute; team member for the 2019 Home Alone Revisited: Family Caregivers Providing Complex Care study report
- Skills Consultant for the Certified Caregiving Consultant™ training program
- Former Family Caregiver Ambassador, Thomas Glasser Caregivers Center, Overlook Medical Center, Atlantic Health System
- Former director of marketing at national infusion and home care company BioScrip, Inc.
- Medco President’s Award for the Family Caregiver Project and launch of the Women’s Health Therapeutic Resource Center
- Health Policy and the Affordable Care Act certificate, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. in English, Boston University
When her father was hospitalized for his first surgery, Beth wasn’t aware that family members could have a role during the hospitalization of a loved one. Several hospital stays later, it became clear that being actively involved in the hospital stay can make a significant difference in a loved one’s health outcome and overall cost of care.
Beth is focused on creating a family caregiver culture that will drive improved patient outcomes.
Caregiving Pathways is the only organization that focuses on teaching family caregivers how to improve patient health outcomes
Our goal is to work with hospitals, health plans, and care providers to help family caregivers improve inpatient health outcomes and reduce hospital costs.