Enjoy the rewarding experience of helping families prepare for one of the most critical periods of their lives.
The time to address these sensitive topics is before a health crisis occurs. During a period of great emotional stress, the less your clients need to focus on making decisions, the more they can help a loved one through the final days — with peace of mind for everyone.
Help people align their financial resources and final wishes
Even when multiple legal documents are in place, many questions arise toward the end of life. Some questions are tied to an individual’s financial resources. For example:
- Who can access the individual’s financial account(s) to pay for care if the person is unable to communicate about such information?
- Which financial resources should be liquidated first? Last?
- Which account(s) trigger a tax event?
- Is an agreement in place between the individual and the person named in the financial power of attorney document?
- Are all family members aware of what’s planned?
Help families plan and prepare instead of react and regret
- Develop and share an end-of-life plan
- Start difficult conversations with family members
- Prepare for a hospital stay
- Create a legacy project their family will treasure