- Each doctor is in charge of just one part of a patient’s body, such as the heart or lungs. No one is in charge of the whole patient.
- Doctors and nurses work very hard, but mistakes happen every day.
So who can keep track of everything that happens to a loved one in the hospital, make sure everything goes as planned, and help the patient get better at home afterward?
The family caregiver.
See a list of useful websites that can help you take great care of your loved one.
YOU can make a difference when your loved one is in the hospital
Hospital patients have a lot to manage, but they’re too sick or hurt to do it all. They need a family member to help. That helper is called a family caregiver.
Our easy-to-read guide
- What to expect in the hospital
- How to help a loved one get the best care
- How to plan for care at home after the hospital stay
Our free webinar
- Prevent common hospital mistakes
- Keep your loved one from returning to the hospital
- Prepare for the end of life
The CP Family Caregiver Training ProgramTM
- Before going into the hospital
- During the hospital stay
- As the patient gets ready to leave the hospital and manage care at home